Thursday, September 11, 2008

MATT DAMON ON SARAH PALIN

From the Huffington Post:
09/11/2008
Mr. Damon cuts straight to the point. His perspective is as refreshing as it is straightforward. Please listen to this and then read the response of the McCain camp. It is time that someone, starting with Mr. Obama, address these questions in a plain, straightforward manner.



E D I T O R I A L
On the day before we commemorate the thousands of Americans who lost their life in a cowardly act September 11, 2001n we find the Republicans think it appropriate to pull out a quote from the Democratic candidate about lipstick on a pig. It is something that should never have been dignified with a response. Obama has always been careful to try to elevate rather that diminish the dialog. It is becoming clear that even on a day that should have been about national security and national unity the McCain/Rove thought that it was OK to trivialize all of the lost lives both on our soil and in far flung regions of the world. This is absurd, I think we have had enough our national pain is being swept aside by the spin doctors. Now they are playing to fears that we didn't know we had -- like can Sarah Palin defend her personal honor. this is disgusting, and it is time we stop it. I am not Matt Damon and therefore do not have his blessing or curse of celebrity. I'm just a guy trying to make my way in the world and pay my mortgage and plan for retirement. I am trying to understand the issues and I have had enough!

If we don't act and begin to point out the absurdity of Palin's potential "leadership" we will have a horned rimmed wearing Rove sock puppet running this country. I would say this if she were a man with equal experience, this has nothing to do with gender this is about experience. It is the cynical McCain folks who continue to shift this back to the gender issue. We out here in the working world have had many opportunities to work with and yes for capable smart women who have built their careers one challenge at a time.

Working folks can't take much more of this economy not to speak of the war, which is being pushed slowly from the main stage. Mortgage companies are folding on what seems like a daily basis, and new military crises are breaking out all over the world. The country is being littered with mortgages that is are no longer worth the paper they were written on while the CEO's fly by with platinum parachutes. Sarah touts her administrative experience, yet she is plagued by lapses in judgment (the bridge to nowhere) and a vindictive streak (state trooper gate), that spell a disaster in the making equal to or worse than the last four years This is no time to have on-the-job training for arguably the most important job in the world. It is no time to get mean--it is time to get honest. Start here:

Ask yourself while you still have time to push back from the brink, is this woman ready to govern? Is native intelligence enough to make decisions where a thorough knowledge of the geo-political, economic and enviornmental consequences of her actions could tie us down in endless war? Her world view is very important, especially when she challenges the fundamental underpinnings of modern science. I am not saying that this has to be a divisive or mean debate, but vetting a potential leader of the free world is important business - and no amount of clever deflection can change that.

MORE~HERE

Then it hit me watching the underhanded tricks played in the last election. I was reminded of the
Dixie Chicks' "Not Ready to Make Nice:"

Forgive, sounds good
Forget, I’m not sure I could
They say time heals everything
But I’m still waiting

I’m through with doubt
There’s nothing left for me to figure out
I’ve paid a price
And I’ll keep paying

I’m not ready to make nice
I’m not ready to back down
I’m still mad as hell and
I don’t have time to go round and round and round
It’s too late to make it right
I probably wouldn’t if I could
‘Cause I’m mad as hell
Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should

Hope they don't think it is going to be that easy this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So What Do You Think?